On Centre Surveys Ltd fully accept their responsibilities for health and safety and the company is committed to ensuring high standards of health, safety and welfare for all its employees and others who may be affected by our activities.
The company recognises the importance of health, safety and welfare at work and will comply with its statutory obligations as stated within section 2 (2) of the Health & Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 to:
- Provide and maintain safe plant, safe equipment and safe systems of work for our employees.
- Ensure that all substances and articles being used, handled, stored, transported and disposed of are done so safely and without risk to health.
- Ensure that our employees are provided with suitable training, supervision, information and instruction to enable them to carry out their duties safely.
- Provide and maintain our premises in a condition that is safe and without risk to health, including the provision and maintenance of safe entry and exit from them.
- Provide and maintain working environments for our employees that are safe and without risk to health.
- Provide facilities and welfare arrangements for employees that are suitable for their safety and well-being.
- All levels of management are responsible for maintaining high safety standards preventing occupational illness and injury. This will be achieved by assessing risks, removing hazards wherever possible and designing and implementing safe systems of work for our employee’s.
Improvements in health and safety performance can only be achieved if there is full commitment not only from directors, but from every member of staff. Given this, every employee is required to co-operate with the company in the spirit and implementation of this Policy to:
- Work safely, following the training and instructions given.
- Comply with the safe systems of work and procedures that implement them.
- Report all accidents immediately, and assist with accident investigations.
- Use any personal protective equipment and clothing where it is identified as a requirement.
- Take care of yourself and others who you come into contact with and who may be affected by your activities.
All Directors hold an IOSH Managing Safely Certificate and undertake regular refresher courses.
Staff hold current IOSH Working Safely Certificates, CSCS cards and First Aid at Work certificates, as well as current DBS certificates.